Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Stuffed Shells

For my New Years Day I wanted to incorporate something green into my dinner. I decided to make stuffed shells topped with meat sauce and spinach. I utilized Manicotti pasta and stuffed it with the same Ricotta mixture that I use in my Lasagna recipe.  Stuffing pasta is never an easy task.  So I decided to use a piping bag and a cake decorating tip. 

Directions:

Layer the bottom of the pan with a layer of meat sauce and spinach. 

Line the stuffed shells along the pan.

Add another layer of meat sauce with spinach.
Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the meat sauce.

Drizzle olive oil on top.

Place in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes to set and then serve.  Serve with a side of italian bread and dinner is complete.

 I have misplaced my camera sometime in between Christmas and New Years...so these pictures taken with my IPOD don't give this meal the proper essence on how it should look.  I can guarantee it tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment