Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tastings' Tuesday Tips

My tip this Tuesday is meal planning. By the end of the week I am planning my next week meal. This helps out a lot when I go to the grocery store. I know which aisles I need to go down which eliminates having to walk up and down each and every aisle. Even though the majority of my groceries come from the outskirts of the store. I always start in the produce section to pick up my fruit and veggies and then off to the butcher. The butcher is where I primarily get all of my meat. I get everything there ranging from seafood to chicken to pork beef and lamb. I am not a big steak eater; I'll eat it maybe once a year if that. Also you can ask your butcher about the different cuts of meat and the variety of ways that you can cook the meat.  Finally I make my way to the dairy and bread section.
I notice when I meal plan that I don't over spend and just start buying stuff. Also I don't have to worry about trying to find something to cook. I try not to purchase any can goods so if you have to you can buy some foods froozen and then freeze it (ex. veggies, fruit). I even
 started making my own sauces.

Make out your grocery list to plan ahead. You will have a more successful trip. I have a note section on my phone. That is where I keep my lists.

#grocery #mealplan

No comments:

Post a Comment