Monday, March 18, 2013

Meyer Lemon Bundt with Meyer Lemon Glaze

I once read that if your favorite ingredients isn't available in the store you would need to find a back up plan. I have heard about King Arthur Flour but never that to use it.  So over the weekend I decided to give it a try before I baked a cake for someone else. I was very happy with the results.  Now I have two main stars in the home for baking cakes.  For the first try I wanted to use on of King Arthur Flour recipes from their website. I decided to use the Lemon Bliss Cake Recipe.  But, unfortunately I didn't have regular lemons in the house so I substituted the lemons for Meyer Lemons.


King Arthur Flour Recipe: Lemon Bliss Cake

Cake Recipe:
-1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
-2 cups of sugar
-1 teaspoon of salt
-4 large eggs
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-3 cups of King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
-1 cup of milk
-Finely grated rind of 2 Meyer Lemons


Glaze:
-1/3 cup freshly squeezed Meyer Lemon juice
-3/4 cup of sugar



Cake Directions:

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non-sticking bake spray.

-Beat together, butter, sugar, and salt until combined and fluffy.
-Add eggs one at time making sure to beat well after each egg.
-Add baking powder.
-Alternatively add flour and milk.  Starting with flour and ending in flour.  Stir in grated Meyer Lemon rind.
-Spoon batter into the bundt pan smoothing out with a spatula.

Bake cake for 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out the center of the cake clean.

Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning on a rack to cool.

Glaze Directions:

-Stir together the lemon juice and sugar.
-While the cake is still warm poke holes in the cake with a tooth pick.
-Brush on glaze while the cake is still warm.
-Allow the cake to cool before serving.

Yes..I couldn't resist myself...I had to add some confectioners sugar on top.

Thanks...#KingArthurFlour
#sweetandsavorytasting
#MeyerLemonBundt
#MeyerLemonGlaze


No comments:

Post a Comment