Monday, March 18, 2013

Pancakes and Bacon Cupcakes with Maple Whip Cream Frosting


I spotted this recipe over the past week on one of the social media websites that I follow. I am a person who absolutely loves breakfast and sweets.  So when I spotted this recipe I had the best of both worlds.  You mean to tell me that I can have pancakes made up like a cupcake with frosting on top.  I followed this recipe exactly except I switched up the frosting. The Dollhouse Bake Shoppe recipe called for maple buttercream frosting and I used a maple whip cream frosting recipe. The last thing I did differently was I used the jumbo sized cupcake liners so my yield was 6 cupcakes instead of 12.  



Recipe adapted from Dollhouse Bake Shoppe Blog: Pancakes Breakfast Recipe

Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe:

-1 cup Original Bisquick® pancake mix
-1/3 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 cup buttermilk at room temperature
-1 egg at room temperature
-2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1/2 cup mix-in; chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, chopped bacon, etc. (optional)


Maple Buttercream Recipe:


-2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
-3 to 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar
-2 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (sub half and half or milk if necessary)
-1/2 teaspoons maple extract OR about 3 tablespoons of  pure maple syrup
-1/4 teaspoon salt 
-Bacon and maple syrup for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.

Combine dry ingredients; pancake mix, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl.  Whisk in buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla in a measuring cup.  combine the wet ingredients with the dry mix and whisk until just Incorporated.  Fold in pancake mix-ins if desired.  Add the batter to the cupcake liners filling them 2/3 way full.  Bake 13-16 minutes or until toothpick clean.

Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth on medium speed. Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated and creamy.  Add maple and cream.  Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.  Add more powder sugar or mil until desired consistency is reached. 

Sweet and Savory Tastings Blog: Maple Whip Cream Frosting

Once the cupcakes come out the oven let cool then add the frosting and garnish. 



Add a side of eggs and breakfast is complete.  Enjoy...
#sweetandsavorytasting
#pancakesandbaconcupcake
#maplewhipcream
#dollhousebakeshoppe