Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Caramel Sauce Recipe

I used this recipe to top one of my pies or I would add it into my ice cream...what ever my guilty pleasure is for the day.

-1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
-1/4 cup of water
-3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
-1/8 teaspoon of salt
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Add sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the solution becomes an amber color. Usually between 10 and fifteen minutes.  Although tempting...(Do not touch it while boiling)


Once sugar mixture has turned to the amber color remove from heat and add in heavy whipping cream and constantly whisking it.


Whisk in salt and vanilla extract and then cover with a lid to keep warm.

For a little adult fun..you can be creative and add in 1/4 cup of one your favorite adult beverages after you add in the vanilla extra because you don't want to cook out the alcohol.

 Ex. Brandy, Rum, Vanilla Liqueur, Chocolate Liqueur, and Vodka

Example of what I put Caramel Sauce on...sooo delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment