Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Graham Cracker Crusts

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow readers.  The day is finally here.  First and foremost, I want to Thank God for blessing me with new Grace and Mercy every day and I want to Thank God for all my blessings to come.

As I mentioned before...I started my desserts on Wednesday...well everything except for the peach cobbler.  I had to throw in the towel last night. Today I will start on the cobbler and the main course.

No More store bought graham cracker crusts....you can do this... 

Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients

 
- 8 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
-5 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted)


Since I don't have a food processor yet...I started off by rolling out the graham crackers.
 

 
Then I added the granulated and brown sugar.

Then I added the crust into bowl of melted butter.  The consistency should look like wet sand or gravel.
 

 

 

 
Add the crumbs to a pie pan bake in the oven for 10-15minutes or until crust starts to brown.
This spring form pan has aluminum foil wrapped around it because I am making a cheesecake that has to bake in a water bath.
 
 
 


You can become creative with making your crust by adding nuts depending on what type of pie you are making.  I have also made crust made out of cookies for example Shortbread cookie crust, Gingersnap cookie crust and Oreo cookie crust. 
 
Get in the Kitchen and start Cooking with Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment