Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Rice Crispy Treat

While strolling down the cereal aisle in the grocery store I just happen to notice the Rice Crispy cereal on sale.  I already know that if I was to buy this cereal it'll be the last one to get eaten or I would have to force the kids to eat it.  Its not sweet enough one child would say and the other will say it just has no taste.  In order to keep everyone happy I decided to buy it anyway and make rice crispy treats.  I love peanut butter so I decided to add it into the treats.  At this point i'm really happy.



Recipe as follows:

-4 tablespoons of no salt butter
-6 cups mini-marshmallows
-1 cup of creamy peanut butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-6 cups rice crispy treats
-1/2 cup chocolate chip morsals

-In a large sauce pan melt butter on low. 
-Fold in marshmallows until completely melted.
-Remove pan from heat and fold in peanut butter until well combined.
-Add in vanilla extract.
-Fold in rice crispy treats following up with chocolate chip morsels until coated.

-Coat 13x9 pan with butter.
-Add rice crispy treats to pan and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment