Sunday, February 10, 2013

Raspberry Lemonade

My daughter has a very particular palate.  A lot of the stuff that I like she doesn't. When I cook or experiment in the kitchen I have to think of her. Surprisingly, she asked for raspberry lemonade. She won't eat the fruit but want the lemonade. Who am I to question her; so off to the store I go. She thought I was going to go to the store and buy some raspberry lemonade. She walked all the way to the juice aisle and picked it up. Nope, I got one for her; I am going to make it.  When you make it yourself you can control how much sugar you want to add. When I am in the kitchen she is in the kitchen.  This is the only way that you will learn.  Therefore; the next time she want some raspberry lemonade she can make it herself.



Ingredients:
-12 fl. oz. Lemonade frozen concentrated (prepared as directed on the container)
-1 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen) and a few to add in the glass
-3/4 cup Sugar
-3/4 cup Water

Directions:
-In a small sauce pan combine 3/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil until sugar has completely dissolved. This is what is called simple sugar.
-Add the raspberries and the simple sugar to a blender and blend until the raspberries have broken down.
-Add the raspberry mix to the prepared lemonade and stir.
-Place in the refrigerator to cool.
-Once cooled garnish with a couple raspberries and enjoy.


Must I say she enjoyed this version than the already ready version.  Yes, I know and now does she.

No comments:

Post a Comment